Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, May 02, 2021

SUNDAY STORY -- GARDEN BOOKSHELF GNOMES PT. 1

TALES OF FRED AND MAXINE, SHELF GNOMES by Granny Annie


Maxine said to Fred, "Dear, we are not house gnomes.  We are garden gnomes.  Let's move outside."
  


"Well, this cozy" Fred said, "but I am a bit afraid of 
critters."   



Maxine agreed and added, "I think we are too close to the road, don't you?" Fred decided to rest and think on it, so he fell asleep.

Fred woke up to find Maxine missing.  He jumped on the golf cart to go look for her.  Sadly, he did not know how to drive.  He began his quest on foot.

Fred ran into HENreyetta first and inquired, "Have you seen my wife Maxine?".  "No" HENretta replied,
"but I have seen Granny Annie.  She runs NOL-NOC Estates.  Maybe she can help."  Fred was sure Granny had gone to town.  This left the search in his hands alone.


Fred climbed up the tree stump and jumped on BYR (Big Yard Rooster) for transportation.  BYR was happy to take Fred on his journey. 
Fred's first encounter in the back pasture was Vincent.  Fred approached Vincent with caution.  "Have you seen my wife Maxine?"  Vincent replied that he had not but ask Fred to search for his hair, hat, coat and boots in his travel.  Fred said that he would.
 
"Please BYR, will you return me to the house?"  Maybe Maxine is back inside."  
Once back inside, Fred found their shelf empty.  But he did see their neighbor white squirrel.  "Have you seen Maxine?"  White squirrel replied sadly that he had not.


Fred ran into Pink Cat.  "Have you seen Maxine?"  "Not today" Pink Cat said, didn't you both move outside?" "That wasn't a good move" Fred responded, "so Maxine ran away."
"Oh no I didn't!" came a loud noise from the den, "I am in here."  It was his beloved Maxine.  Fred ran to the den.




"Silly man," Maxine said, "I left you a note.  It must have blown away.  I decided that a book garden was safer than an outside garden.  Let's stay Shelf Gnomes, okay".  "Absolutely," said a happy Fred. "it is much safer."  He kissed Maxine and she poured him some tea.









11 comments:

  1. Too funny, the roaming gnomes are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big smiles, and many thanks, from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet story and so happy they are back together. I was getting a little worried for Fred.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful story and i love a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this story and I love the gnomes faces. Too many new gnomes now all look the same in the face and just have different colours on the clothes. All mass produced in China.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you River. You must know that Meg and Gillian inspired my story.

      Delete
  6. Very charming and incredibly wholesome. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a happy ending. They are safe and together again.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com