Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY 04-14-2021

 

This month, the prompts are being provided by WiseWebWoman.   Words for Wednesday will be there for the Month of April. All the way from Newfoundland, Canada, which has its own time zone - 30 minutes ahead of the rest of Canada. Thanks as always to Elephant's Child for keeping this feast going. 

 

Canopy

Thorn

Machine

Charity

 

 and/or

 

Limp

Aisle

Nothing

Sneak

 

PANDEMIC GLORY by Granny Annie

The pandemic sheltered me under a canopy of quiet.  It was not a thorn in my side because I became a well oiled machine,  allowed  to concentrate on hobbies and charity

Exercise took away my limp as I walked every day.  The length of my home was my aisle for pacing on days that cold and rain would not allow me outside. 

If it was my desire I could do absolutely nothing. Sometimes I could sneak an occasional treat and not worry about the calories. Over the year I managed to lose 34 pounds.


6 comments:

  1. Well done and we did the same in terms of keeping ourselves busy. We did house projects and hubby has lost weight and I didn't gain any weight. A good year in spite of it all.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only did you use the words smartly but you proved that isolation can be a productive state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. Great use of the prompts and it is wonderful to hear that the pandemic brought some positives into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Excellent use of the words, and good for you, losing weight and keeping busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope that when time allows you will post the link to your story on WiseWebWoman's blog so that everyone can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the words. Over the year "I" lost exactly 0 pounds :(

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com