Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY 12-23-2020

 

Prompts provided by Elephant's Child this week.

 

Celebration

Birth

Bells

Majesty

Small

Forgotten


and/or


Bay

Half

Hope

Sister

Book

Hunt


In honor of Jo Wake the word Dragon


OUR ANNIVERSARY by Granny Annie


Ours was a quiet celebration on this day 21 years ago. I could not have even dreamed that this marriage would be the birth of a long awaited relationship. There were no bells at the County Court House but we could hear the Christmas sounds all over the city as if they were just for the majesty of this new adventure in our lives. It was a small group of just me, Ron, the Unitarian minister in his jogging suit and some office witnesses called at the last minute. The judge we requested had already left for his Christmas vacation. Yes it was certainly a day that will never be forgotten.


Ron and I had known each other for one year. We met on the internet researching our genealogy. We held each other at bay the best we could for almost the first half of the year. He was in California recovering from a heart attack, and I was in Oklahoma. His real home was in Kansas. Before long, our correspondence lead us to have hope this would be more than a search for our ancestries. We were not related but we were both Irish.


The first time we met in person, we had already fallen in love. There was no turning back. However our families did not fall in love as quickly. To them Ron was a dragon, rising out of ashes into our lives. Thankfully my sister gave her stamp of approval the first time she met Ron. My adult children and my parents grew fond of him, though they feared my decisions since I had made enough poor choices to fill a book. . It took our then small grandchildren only minutes to fall in love with this new grandfather. He had stories to tell and songs to sing and as they grew they respected the way he worked them like he had his Navy sailors, always looking out for their safety.


I wasn't really on the hunt, but thankfully God knew I needed this man in my life and sent Prince Charming to me through my computer. I only wish God would have let me keep him longer. Happy Heavenly Anniversary my dear.

 


 

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I forgot to add that we went to S&J Oyster bar for our wedding celebration and Ron found a pearl in his oyster. It is in my treasure box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a truly beautiful and emotion packed use of the prompts. Thank you - and OF COURSE that pearl is in your treasure box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. Someday I will put the pearl in some kind of jewelry.

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas Granny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you and yours Ashok.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely story you two shared. A blessed and beautiful Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful story and we delighted in each other for 15 years.

      Delete
  5. Awww, this is so sweet. I love it. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you and Merry Christmas to you as well.

      Delete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com