Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Friday, November 06, 2020

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY ON FRIDAY

 WINTER DIET ENDS

She looked out her living room window and felt the sun beating through. Sheila missed the Winter view of snow and seeing the Ilex filled with beautiful red berries. Spring had passed and Summer was finally here. It was time once again for the dreaded company picnic but she was ready. 

This required gathering was a most hated event for her but this year she could dress in a skimpy crop top and short-shorts. She had worked hard and today Sheila could finally show off the pounds she had lost.

The sun would beat down on them and every table would be filled with delicious food. Today would probably put an end to her stoic dieting. It would no doubt be a fiasco. How could she pass up these plates and bowls filled with friend chicken, barbecued meats, potato salad, pies and cakes. She knew she would over indulge and end the day throwing up. Tomorrow she would awaken with a food veisalgia

But it would all be worth it!!

Pinterest image


 

 



14 comments:

  1. So many go through that illness. Society can put on so much pressure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually losing weight through this Corona virus business. I am walking every day and counting calories. I'm not doing that to wear skimpy clothing I'm doing that for my health.

      Delete
  2. Veisalgia was new to me till I read River's story. That was a good way to use it. Think I would stay home if I looked that good in a crop top and shorts and pass on the temptation and the food hangover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be able to guess that I'm dieting and just loving the idea of a big picnic.

      Delete
  3. a food veisalgia. I know that one (better than I know the alcohol one). Both are truly nasty and totally self induced.
    Love that you are walking, dieting and being successful. And that you have joined us with yet another skilful Words For Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Very kind. It was fun trying again.

      Delete
  4. Can't wait for your pic in a crop top and short shorts! I had to look up veisalgia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have some interesting words this time.

      Delete
  5. Great use of the words :)
    Perhaps Sheila won't over-indulge as she has become used to smaller servings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally loved the sound of those filled tables and am looking forward to Thanksgiving with my son and granddaughter. We're going to dine well.

      Delete
  6. Oh Dear! Not a good idea for many reasons but it does happen when temptation is in front of you. Perhaps you will have a go next week with the phases! I cannot remember myself what they are as I give my ideas to Sue nearly a year before she uses them!!! However at this present time, I am very busy with other things and have not got the time to write myself but will read everyone's and leave comments. HAve a lovely weekend adn thanks for taking part. Much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good time to stay busy. I am trying to work on projects to keep my mind of COVID and the US election.

      Delete
  7. Having a day off from the diet once in so often is not a bad idea. Everyone needs a treat now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I could stop at once treat once I get started.

      Delete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com