Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, April 03, 2019

THE SINGLE OLD LADY


Life is good for this single old lady. My two girl pals, Slim and Frankie keep me moving opening and closing the doors to let them in and out.

My most recent excitement came from the 2019 Iditarod. Ron loved this annual race so much. Now it has become a favorite of mine. It is easy to understand his attraction to the 1,000 mile dog sled run.

What would a SOL (Single Old Lady) do without the internet? What would a SOL do without TV? The only reason for me to go out of the house is to take the trash container out to the road on Tuesday evening and bring it back in on Wednesday morning. The cats need food and the guinea fowl need their corn. Once those duties are performed, it is back inside.

Walmart grocery pickup has become a delight.  Orders made from my easy chair at home and then a quick run to town to have it loaded in my truck and then it's back home.

Now it is time to decide what is next. Maybe I will go to the Senior Center for a lunch of meatloaf and mashed potatoes or stay home and eat soup.



19 comments:

  1. I love this post....a woman who knows what she likes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After working outside the home for 32 years it is nice to be able to stay home.

      Delete
  2. Had to laugh at the dogs and the door. Callie makes sure I get in my steps each day also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was getting ready to respond to this post and had to stop to get up and let Frankie out. Slim is an old lady like me:-)

      Delete
  3. Know what you mean. I've not been a one for getting up early since I retired but adopting two rescue cats who don't sleep past 7am has changed things! Just as well really as since Christmas I need to be up early to take my medication. Getting old is not for cissies!
    The internet has certainly made life different for us. Do you live too far out for the supermarkets to deliver?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. my rural life makes it difficult to be acceptable for any kind of delivery...even pizza!!!

      Delete
  4. Sounds as though you have a nice rhythm going. Keep moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exactly that...I practice the rhythm method. LOL

      Delete
  5. It sounds most excellent - though I avoid the television.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to add listening to unabridged audio books. Always listening while I'm doing anything around the house.

      Delete
  6. You've got it all worked out! Someone else cooking lunch sounds good - do they do that daily or is it only weekly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our senior center serves meals 3 times a week. They even deliver but only to persons within a 3 mile radius which leaves me out. It is good to go there and enjoy a little human company once in a while.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you are doing ok- I have yet to order delivery groceries. I like to get out even when I have no reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best thing about grocery delivery is the store finds thing for me and I don't have to wander around forever.

      Delete
  8. Some people say don't get old, but some say try it, it's not so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I had that choice it would be the meatloaf and mashed potatoes, with gravy of course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went for the meatloaf and mashed potatoes but they did not have gravy this time. It was a bit sad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your patterns sound so very similar to my own, Annie.

    I'm a sole traveller in this life of mine...except for my two furry companions, of course. They agree with my choices of TV series...of my streaming viewing. They just go off to sleep when they become bored with whatever it is I'm watching. :)

    I'm very reclusive...by choice...and enjoy being so. :)

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com