Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY 10-18-17

The  WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY again are provided by Cindi Summerlin of LETTING WORDS ESCAPE.   You can tell Halloween is coming by the words Cindi provides.  This time they are inspired by the story IT.  She even gave us a photo.    
1. Clown


2. Tunnels
3. Children
4. Nightmares
5. Water
6. Friends

and/or

1. Visions
2. Red
3. Courage
4. Asthma
5. Recurrence
6. Hide






FOOTPRINTS by Granny Annie

I was raised in a very small town. My friends and I would always clown around. We believed we were invincible . We were children after all and it was our duty to explore. Running free in the summer months led us through nearby woods. We even explored a few abandoned tunnels. That was when we were led to an old train car that had been left to rot on the old tracks.

This particular day, that I will never forget, led us to the adventure that nightmares are made of.

Eric was the one who had encouraged us to sneak inside the box car. He may have encouraged us, but he would not take the lead. He insisted I go first through the broken door. I remember the cobwebs that hung like curtains everywhere. We had to brush through them. It gave all of us the creeps. Somewhere water was dripping in slow, even drops.

Susie decided to move forward on her own to explore the drip, drip, drip sound. I told her not to leave the group but she wanted to show us her courage. The minute Susie was out of our sight I felt my asthma begin to flair. Panic set in as we all realized how quickly Susie had disappeared from our view. It was as if the floor of the old caboose had gobbled her up.

We huddled together and moved forward trying to find our friend in this dark and dirty place. Suddenly the cobweb curtains parted and visions of children covered in red droplets charged toward us. Susie was in the mob. Her teeth had turned to sharp canine teeth and were gnashing in horrible clicking sounds.

We ran like lightening searching for a place to hide. It was nightfall before we dared return to our homes. Susie never returned home and we could not bring ourselves to tell of the adventure. To this day if we look above that tunnel that hides the abandoned train car, we all see the recurrence of bloody footprints that rise up and turn into red balloons floating to the sky. It is best never to look.





19 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know that I read the story of your father on your other blog and was deeply touched. So very special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I am glad you enjoyed the true story about my father on our family blog. It was nice of you to comment.

      Delete
  2. I want more, I want more, as I haven't been to your blog in an embarrassingly long time I don't know what this wordless Wednesday is but when I started to read this I thought it was a true story them I got to the part about the red droplets and teeth gnashing and I hoped it wasn't true...lol but I still wanted more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, you would enjoy Words For Wednesday. This was started by friends in Australia. Someone will take responsibility to post the words for one month and the rest of us make us stories to go with those words. I posted words in September and Cindi Summerlin is posting them for October. Some post their stories on their own blogs an other post them in the comment section of the providers page.

      Delete
  3. Good story, Annie! You are getting into the spirit of things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just now? I have been doing this for quite a while. Glad you are in the spirit of things also. Will look for your story.

      Delete
  4. oh, very very well done! I think I will be having nightmares from this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like the ones you can provide. LOL

      Delete
  5. Nicely done Annie, I love how well you both used the words and the image together flawlessly. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Jimmy. Loved your story a lot also.

      Delete
  6. Ohhhhhh, that was spooky and GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a natural bent for the macab I believe. Spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deliriously, deliciously dark.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how different the stories turn out to be among people given the same word prompts.

    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now, that's the stuff nightmares are made of!!

    Well done, Annie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's creepy. I thought Susie would find a body dripping blood, not a bunch of vampire children. I wonder now, how many more generations will lose a child to this group.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here I was thinking this was a nice childhood memory then the scary hit. You are a mistress of this type of story. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my - spooky! You are so good at this.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com