Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY

It is that wonderful time again for WFW.  Get over to Delores of Mumblings for the prompts this week and to read other stories or poems.  Write and post your own.  It is a fun exercise. I have used all twelve and you can tell that I rushed in my labor.
 
DEPLOYED DESTRUCTION by Granny Annie

The hornet got caught in my hairnet. It would hover in my proximity as I was hanging the wash on the clothesline. I guess it had been lured by the scent of the soap.

It was my decision to greet this flying nuisance the next day with a chilling response. I would drench it in bug spray and then I would dance with joy as it writhed on the ground. This was one hornet that would not make it home for dinner that night. He was fatally damaged by a horrifying chemical and finished off by my shoe.

 

6 comments:

  1. That was delightful read. Greetings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You 'deployed destruction' with that shoe so you did. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having been stung by a hornet in the underarm while I was swimming, I am applauding. Loudly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done Granny Annie. I like the finished off by my shoe bit. Do you stomp or do you stomp and twist for extra assurance? I'm not sure we get hornets out here, we get wasps, are they the same?

    ReplyDelete
  5. poor thing!

    I almost always get them outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Granny Annie, Click on the word 'heaven' to see the clip of Judy. To me, it is a form of (artistic) heaven. Every time I see her sing this, I get chill bumps! And thank you for dropping in! ;-) Karen; hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com