Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Saturday, July 08, 2017

PARTING IS SUCH SWEET SORROW

This is my Zippy Truck.  Ron bought it for me at an auction in 2012.  I have loved this little truck and my memories of Ron working hard to outbid a very determined woman.  She finally stopped and we got the truck for a very reasonable price. It was a 2008 and only had 39,000 miles on it.

Zippy had the first electrical problems last week.  They say that is a sign of more bad things to come so rather than pay for the expensive repairs I traded my Colorado in for a brand new truck.  Here is my 2017 GMC Colony.





As much as I love this new truck with all the bells and whistles, I cannot describe the pain felt in leaving my zippy truck behind.  Yes there were tears:-(  You can help me name this new beauty.  I will love your suggestions.

16 comments:

  1. Frosty.......
    congrats on the hot new ride
    condolences on the loss of Zippy

    ReplyDelete
  2. White lightning and it is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nice new pick'm up!
    How about calling it "Cowboy".
    Got my new to me pickup, year an a half ago. I've had a bunch of people that always smile at his name, "Hank", and give him a pat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Betsy has 170,000 miles on it - a 2000 Honda CRV - I will have tears when I have to sell it too - not for the same reason - but I do understand. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel. You almost want to make them promise that Zippy will get a good home. The new one sure is flashy. How about Flash?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's a badass truck! I'd call it Brut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new truck is a shiny beauty. I so understand your grief about losing Zippy though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is some truck! And so it occurs to me to suggest Charlotte (from Charlotte's Web).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Zippy was prettier. The new one looks large, plenty of storage, how about road-boat?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went through the same angst when I turned over my 2002 Nissan XTerra to my daughter and got my 2012 XTerra. Look at the bright side... at least your 'old love" doesn't keep showing up at your door. Every time my daughter comes to visit, I miss my old car.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy! Your new vehicle sure is a muscle vehicle! I, too, have become sentimentally attached to cars I've had...and have shed a tear upon parting with them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always felt sad when we move onto another but then we usually keep our vehicles for over a decade or two so we get very attached to them. I've never named them though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always get attached to cars, too, but I could see how this one would be very special. So sorry you had to say farewell of Zippy.

    That's a dandy new truck! I immediately thought of Bertha. (For some reason.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never understood why we do get so attached to our vehicles ... but we do!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay on the new wheels! Yep, people connected cars like the one my Dad gave me are tougher to go!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com