Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

TORTOISE MOB WFW

Words for Wednesday found on the blog of Elephant's Child. . Today we have another great picture plus these words, someone, hopscotch, days, hotter, hoaxer, lonely and this phrase, “I was just wondering if you could settle a little argument?”

by Osman Hamdi Bey (1842-1910)



WHO LET THE TURTLES IN
by Granny Annie

Who had opened the door?
Someone let them in the foyer.
Turtles were playing hopscotch
Each becoming a destroyer.

Never in this man's days
Had he seen such interesting turtles
Playing games and maneuvering
Away from the sand and dirt hills.

Also they could talk
He heard the oldest grunt
I was just wondering if you could
Settle a little argument?”

“I believe the weather
Is becoming so much hotter
But my wife denies global warming
That is why I brought her.”

“It was me and not a hoaxer
Who crossed your threshold.
Our lives are very strained and
We are at a crossroad.”

The homeowner could not answer.
Bickering was constant with the family
And it was very obvious
Arguing would go on indefinitely.

Yet the surprised, well dressed man
Still decided to allow them in.
Not only could they cool off
He would never be lonely again.


10 comments:

  1. This is another great success!! Congrats. That painting is very interesting, is it not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your take on the words. This week is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gave me a smile for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very good, you're great at poetry.
    I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have thought to incorporate turtles in a poem with those words. Well done. You live outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a cool story you made from that! Still picturing a slow tortoise walking...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you use foyer.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good one... turtles. Who would have thought.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun, Annie...well done. :)

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com