Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, May 08, 2016

GIRL TO GRANNY

This is my mother as a young college girl. 
Little did she know that her life would change dramatically when she married my dad.
Three children to raise and multiple congregations to please.  She was the preacher's wife.  Her children, her husband, her home  had to be spotless or it would reflect poorly on my father's ministry.  My mother worked from sun up to sun down.  At least things got easier as their life added some modem conveniences after starting out with an outhouse for a  bathroom.
No matter what life challenged her with she was always beautiful.
And always busy.  Even in her retirement she spent hours at the weaving loom creating beautiful keepsakes for our family.

I miss her every day.  I could not miss her more.  She was my rock.


12 comments:

  1. A lovely tribute to a lovely lady. Preachers' wives have a special place in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless her soul. I can't imagine a mother's day without my mom. (((hugs)))

    Which one of those beautiful little girls is you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely tribute to your mother, she sounds like a wonderful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice tribute. My mom worked ll the time too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be hard to be a preacher's wife. You would have to strive for perfection always, and people would always be on guard around you. Difficult! Your mother sounds like she was up to the job. I hope you have some of her weaving(s). Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mother's day is bittersweet, isn't it? No matter how old we get we never stop missing our moms.

    Your mom was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful tribute.
    I suspect royalty would know the feeling of being constantly on display - without being required to put in the work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She certainly was very beautiful and you are her legacy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadn't thought about the special standards held for a preacher's wife. Your Mom evidently was your Dad's perfect choice. Wonderful tribute to a lovely and accomplished woman.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great story. She touched so many lives in a wonderful way! (Rob)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely tribute - we hold them in our hearts, I think, but I miss my mom, too.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com