Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WHY BRING IT UP AGAIN?

Many of you will remember our story of finding the kittens in the nesting box last Spring. There are several posts plus I still have a link on my sidebar that connects to the publication in COUNTRYSIDE MAGAZINE.

Why would I bring this up again? Well if you will also remember the two surviving kittens are David and Goliath. They have grown nicely and David has surpassed Goliath in size.

My old Australorp hen has taken to sleeping in a large wooden box on the floor of the hen house. She is too old and too fat to hop up on a roosting pole. The last three nights I have found David the cat curled up with my aging hen. Both seem quite content. So far I have not been successful getting a picture but will keep trying.


(This might cause you to wonder about Elenore Hen but don't ask. I still can't talk about that.)

15 comments:

  1. Ah bless! I hope you do get a photo. Might get an award for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to you getting a picture, lovely post.
    Take care.

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet. They are keeping each other warm! I hope you get that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww. I do hope you're able to get a photo of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read that as your hen was too old and too fat to jump up on a roasting pole. I was thinking that sounds like the perfect time to be on a roastng pole.

    I'd love to see a photo of the hen and cat together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:14 PM

    Oh Annie. You MUST be diligent in your sneaking efforts. Or drill a hole in the hen house. I don't care HOW you do it. JUST DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How interesting that David has outgrown Goliath. Are you tempted to switch their names now?
    I would love to see a picture of your dear old hen and David sleeping together. I have been seeing a lot of photos on the internet of different species of animals together. Many that are natural enemies, and some are babies that have been orphaned and adult animals adopt them. It's really beautiful.

    About your previous post, this is a beautiful picture and a beautiful memory. I remember my grandma's dusting powder too. It's funny how when I catch just the slight scent of her powder now, a flood of memories come pouring back. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see a picture! Why not bring it up again? It's your blog. Say what you like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really going to try to catch them tonight before they see me. We're supposed to get bad weather again and I'm not going to want to be hanging out in the cold much.

    Joe -- I hope you were joking. That was "roosting" pole, not "roasting". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excited to see pictures of a cat name Goliath, I'm sure he wont disappoint.

    -Paul

    http://www.mostlygrocery.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annie,

    I think it is awesome that David has outgrown Goliath.

    The cat and then hen are friends. That is unusual and I hope you are able to get a photo. That would be adorable.

    I love your Grandmother's painting below. Absolutely gorgeous.

    Have you decided on the photos of Slim yet?

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aren't animals amazing. I do hope you get a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This, I have got to see....

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com