Slim and Franke

Slim and Franke

Monday, November 23, 2009

HONESTY, DIGNITY, INTEGRITY AND SELF WORTH

Politics should never divide friends and family. Sometimes we confuse political choices as either good or bad while political choices are only means to the same ends desired by good people and exploited by bad people. I have always heard that 90% of us are honest. That means we are allowing 10% of the world's population to drive us to ruin.

8 comments:

  1. Food for thought there Annie, well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the visit, have changed the line you mentioned, didn't realise the meaning of the other words lol.......don't want to offend anyone, Thanks for the advice,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can always count on my children and my siblings to point things out that might have double meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That probably explains why when I listen to any political party here in the UK, I can find things I relate to and agree with. Same with religion too.


    I'm amazed that the figure of 90% is so high, sometimes it can feel like it's the other way around. Amazing how much damage 10% of the world's population can do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LL Cool Joe -- The 10% can do the damage because they get ALL the publicity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "political choices are only means to the same ends desired by good people"


    Doesn't always seem that way, though.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That second sentence is so profound. I hate politics, love my family. My late great aunt and I probably never voted for the same candidates, but we agreed that we were all put on this earth to help other people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kenju -- It doesn't seem that way for sure but just think of us. We have different means to the end but we are both alike in our belief and pride in our country and our support of the constitution.

    Riot Kitty -- Even my spouse believes I am weak on issues but for some odd reason we love each other anyway and we love our country equally. (Well since he fought for his country and lost friends who did the same, I have to concede he probably is a little ahead of me on love of country.)

    ReplyDelete