Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

OUTING


Today Elenore Hen took her chicks out of the hen house for the first time. She only has three as one died of mysterious circumstances. The three remaining are: Mr. Gibson; Rebecca; Chicklet.

Thank you for helping name them. Rebecca came from Yvonne. I selected it for the yellow chick because I have a blonde cousin named Rebecca. Renie suggested several names and mentioned a chick she had once owned named Chicklet. That wasn't one of her suggestions but I stole it because it is such a cute name as you have all agreed. Lucy suggested Mr. Gibson and I don't know why, but the last chick to hatch has a white dot on top of its head which can indicate a rooster, so we believe we needed a boy's name. If it turns out to be a hen, we'll just change to Mrs. Gibson.


Today I saw David and Goliath for the first time since Miss Hissy moved them out of the hen house. They are pretty and healthy little kittens.


The Chase is on for the Guinea Fowl as the males battle for the one female. Michael found a cache of their eggs and we're hoping to have them under a broody hen soon to hatch them.

13 comments:

  1. Elenore looks happy with her babies. She is a proud mama. Have fun with all your farm pets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute they are! I love baby chicks. Bet they scratched and peeped happily on their outing. Cute names. Especially Chiclet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Renie, the name Chicklet is adorable...and fitting. They're the cutest little things, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great names!!! Happy walking ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proud mother and babies a beautiful heart warming.

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow !!
    such a lot of chicks...
    great names ...
    cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr. Gibson by chance named after Gibson guitars? I played on a Les Paul (made by Gibson) the other day. One of the best necks I've ever played on. Very nice. And good news about Gibson - they're still made in the good ol' USA by American workers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Momma Elenore is taking good care of her chickies.
    How great that you allowed blog buddies to name them! I would have thrown in some suggestions if I'd not been away from Blogdom. Those names are goodies. I especially like Chicklet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so nice for the updates on the chicks and the kittens. Thank you! I love the names!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The two black chicks are adorable. I don't think I have ever seen black chickens before. Most interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annie, Mr. Gibson was a crusty old black cat that lived across the street from us... He is a cat that I will never forget........besides I just liked the name...lol.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com