Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Saturday, January 10, 2009

CHRISTMAS ALL YEAR ROUND


My daughter gave me these mugs at the close of Christmas and I failed to put them away. This trivet was the last gift I received from my friend Pat before her death in 1990. I will use these items all year now. Why, you ask? Read this previous post of mine titled Another Tradition and you will know. These are special remnants of Christmas 2008 to cherish all through 2009. My daughter on my mind and heart as her family moves to Oklahoma. My friend Pat on my mind and heart as her son Travis moves forward with his joyful marriage to Christiane.

Okay boys and girls, it's happening tomorrow. Season 7 of 24. Click on the link on my sidebar to learn proper viewing procedures from Adam, the master of THE JACK SACK.

Yesterday my "I Love Your Blog" link featured this blog photo: Parting is such sweet sorrow. It has been suggested that keep some kind of list of the featured blogs. I will try. Meanwhile, be sure and see who is featured today.

13 comments:

  1. What a great tradition. I wonder how many of us do that. I always leave something out as well, no matter what I do. I also cannot wait to put up those decorations as soon as Christmas is over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great idea to us some of the treasures all the year through. Nice photo that you sent us to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cups because they look as though they hold a Lot of coffee. I ave several favorite mugs and when I use one I think of the person won who gave it to me..
    You can hold your daughter in your hand every morning..

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh annie, i think it's beautiful that you have a last gift that you keep out in memory of your friend, pat. life is amazing in so many ways, one being you never know what your "last" will be. and you are fortunate to have a last from your friend.

    thanks also for featuring me on ILYB. you are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To have and hold a reminder of your daughter every morning is a wonderful way to start a day. I have a mug with a Renoir painting that my daughter gave me years ago and I use it on Sunday mornings to make the day special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have two large mugs depicting everyday life in Vietnam that my daughter sent me, and when i use them I'm mentally transported to Ho Chi Minh City and feel a teeny bit nearer to her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 4 Christmas/holiday mugs and they are all different. I put them away yesterday - but maybe I should keep them out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you're right to keep them out and use them Anne. I keep my Christmas mugs out all year. It's such a waste to put them away.

    Last year I didn't put the angel on the Christmas tree away, kept her on the bookcase.

    This year my granddaughter took a fancy to my little white and blue elf/santa, I'm not sure what it is really. It plays Jingle Bells and she dances to it, a strange sort of Irish dance! She told me to keep it out for her.

    I'd love to keep my Christmas lights out somewhere, lots of people do nowadays but I'm not sure where I'd put them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice way to keep loved ones in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems that I used to always forget some item from our decorations. These past years, since I have decorated less, it all gets put away. I wish I had used your tradition in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ya know, we've watched a lot of 24 in the past but we decided it was too much work. My blood pressure can't take that much Jack.
    I have read your entire blog. You're one of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wondered why I got soooo many hits on this story...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christmas all year long - I can understand that.
    Those things bring to mind special people and special memories. Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com