Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Monday, December 08, 2008

SPEAKING OF LIPSTICK

My sister, Elenore, has always been obsessed with grooming. A woman of style, she rarely allows herself to be seen without make-up, nice outfit, great hair. If she is reading this she's shaking her head and saying "Not true" but believe me, it's true.

Elenore was constantly getting after our mother to put on lipstick. Mother would do so reluctantly but we all loved the result because adding a little color to mother's face seemed to make her natural beauty pop.

Yesterday my sister and bil were returning home from a weekend at their cabin. We had talked on the phone and Elenore had bragged about sitting around in her pajamas the entire time. I was glad she could relax because their home is grand central station where even strangers show up unannounced and are welcomed in.

We had a brief visit while their dog Tikka ran and played with dog-cousin Slim. It is nice to be on Sis's path of travel when they have been to their cabin. We always have a fresh pot of coffee ready if we know they are coming.

This morning I noticed Elenore's coffee cup from the day before still on my kitchen counter. On the rim was a little lipstick imprint. I laughed because I could just see her right before they entered our house, adjusting their rear view mirror and slapping on some color!


Okay my friends, remember you still have until 5:00 PM CST today to enter the December "Color Me Who?" contest.

9 comments:

  1. LOL - She left you a clue...but then you know her so well, it doesn't surprise you. :)

    I'm a lot like your sister. I could be sick as a dog and if someone's coming over, I curl my lashes and put on lipstick. (I do it for them, not for me, I always say.) I don't have to look at myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely that you and your sister are so close. When I was (much) younger, I didn't venture forth without makeup...now it all hangs out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire folks like your sister. I know people who always look great even when they are so sick they can hardly hold their heads up. Not me! I look at my pale lips sometimes and think that I need lipstick. Sometimes I do put it on and sometimes I don't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lovely and wonderful sister. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky to have a sister! As I stated before, I was an only child, and always wished I had siblings. I am sort of like your sister as well. Like to look fairly well groomed and dressed nice, etc. But I have several dear friends who are like sisters to me. I am thankful to have them in my life.

    Have a great Monday evening!

    Renie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A most touching post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My grandmother and her mother were just like that! My great grandmother lived on a farm in the country and she never left her room in the a.m. before dressing and doing her hair. I'm lucky to get dressed before noon if I don't have to leave the house...
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the weekends, I don't do makeup if I'm not leaving the house. I'm scary without makeup! Some people look good all the time. Me, even with makeup, I look tired, worn, wrinkled, dark bags under my eyes. Nothing helps! For lipstick, I have some, but I'm so addicted to chapstick, I'm always putting it on!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grannie, I have a sister like that too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com