Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Monday, October 20, 2008

THE WEEKEND

I read a lot of comments this weekend on Scarlet's blog post where she featured my art work. I was totally amazed by the nice words bloggers had to lend to my various markerings (That's what I call my marker art). Scarlet claimed I made her look better than she does in real life so I'm posting this picture that I looked at to draw the rendering of her. You be the judges.


We received this photo from our daughter Terri sharing Jasmine at her school Dance. Our granddaughter Jasmine is the beauty on the far right. Small but mighty!



My grand niece was married this weekend in her parent's backyard. We were pleased to attend and enjoy the festivities. I believe her wedding cake topper was the most unusual I have ever seen. Congratulations Brandi-Rae and David!

Oh, and our grandson Dillon called last night as their high school band (his and Ryan's) was returning from St. Louis. Dillon said they were near our exit on the turnpike so I invited the bus load to drop by, but he laughed and didn't think they would enjoy seeing all our chickens as much as I thought they would. But the best part -- The Pride of Broken Arrow band won all FIRST PLACES!!!

Last but not least, have you seen the contest Bonnie is having on her blog. You might pick the best name for their Halloween witch and win a great prize. Check it out.


14 comments:

  1. What a great blog. I know your art work is great....I have some of my own. And Jasmine is a beauty. Good looks definitely run in the family (ie the handsome, SINGLE son in the previous post). And what a great sense of humor your great-niece and her hubby have. Love the cake and topper. And thanks so much for mentioning my contest. I appreciate any and all mentions so I can meet new people. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite talented and you also have style. Did you take drawing classes at one time, or does it come naturally? I have some old portraits I did in a college class in an old trunk...that still sits at my brother's house. Maybe I should send him some money so he will ship it to me...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful blog. You are very creative. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I am so glad. Will come again. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good art! Pretty girls! What's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting cake topper, wonder how long the marriage will last? I have already given bonnie two names for her Name the Witch, and will input acouple more as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I didn't realize that besides being such a great blogger, you were also a wonderful artist!!!

    We "creative" types need to stick together! I hand-build and hand-paint pottery...maybe that is why we both felt a strong connection.

    I am so sorry that you are under the weather today...I am crossing my fingers that it is not the flu and that you are on the mend.

    Take care,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is THE funniest wedding topper I have EVER seen!! Adorable!
    Lovely girls......and I enjoyed seeing you work, Granny!

    Good luck with the 'single' son! He won't be single long!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am amazed at what you can create off of one photo. From the comments you received on my blog, you know I'm not the only one who feels this way. You have talent, Granny. ;)

    If I renew my vows, that's the wedding topper I want! It's perfect! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great cake topper. I love it when people give their weddings personality!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Annie,

    Hope you are feeling better.

    I thought those three young ladies were adorable but Jasmine is the cutest....

    About Brandi-Rae and David's cake; it was the most unusual I have ever seen. The topper was so much fun. Those kids have a wonderful sense of humor...They also, judging from the picture, had a beautiful sunny day for their outdoor wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so much going on - glad I was able to ck in again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I'd really like Brandi-Rae! What a sense of humor (and she caught herself a good-looker)! Handsome men seem to run in your family. If I weren't old enough to be his mother, I'd invite him over.

    I'm a fan of your artwork too. I've always wanted to be an artiste, but it just ain't gonna happen; but I keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let me clarify, I would invite Tandy Bill over, not Brandi-Rae's husband!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Scarlet is lovely, and so was your markering of her.

    Jasmine is sure pretty!
    Congrats on the new married couple, and their cake topper is funny.

    Congrats to Dillon and his high school band!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com