Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE


Left to right, Chicken Little (Aracauna-Americauna aka Easter Egg Chicken) Milton (Guinea Fowl) and June (Rhode Island Red). I truly have Spring Fever and am dreaming of baby chicks. We will have to wait until after the Easter company goes home to bring in a batch of baby chicks. It will be a while before we hatch in the incubator again unless we attempt Guinea Fowl eggs. Speaking of eggs, my girls are all back in the swing of things and we're getting close to a dozen a day...Hooray! Now we can win friends and influence people again.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Eggs just open SO many doors!

    Thems fine lookin' chickens!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One dozen a day! Wow, now that is some eggs. Do you sell them? Are the chickens grain fed? If you were closer, I would buy from you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Win friends and influence people! Ha you're cute! You already won friends and influence us too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cleaning woman would be so jealous! She used to have about 10 hens, but a coyote took care of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My chickens are a hobby and the eggs are a bonus. We share the extra eggs with family and friends and we do not sell them. Just think Lucy if you lived nearby I would GIVE you eggs from free range chickens. Ther are organic delicious eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my !!!! I hadn't ever seen up close pictures of your chickens!!
    (The way I rush around, it's a wonder I see anything!)

    They are so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this is totally off subject, but I used to have a favorite dress that was the same pattern as Milton's feathers. We used to have chickens when I was a kid and they are really very sweet animals, especially the way they peck at your feet when your feeding them:)

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com