Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Thursday, March 20, 2008

NESTLED CHILDREN

The children were nestled all snug....

on the floor, on the couches, in the living room, den and bedroom. Grandchildren everywhere and they are asleep. Every grandmother's dream to have the quiet morning to view their precious faces as they slumber.

I am waiting for the onslaught. Soon the house with be bursting with laughter, arguments, and the repeated phrases, "When do we eat? What are we having for breakfast? May I have some cereal while I wait for breakfast? Can we have Dr. Pepper for breakfast? We'll pick up all our stuff after breakfast...promise. What are we going to do today? Is it time for lunch yet?"

Six of our grandchildren are here now and the other two will be here Saturday. My prayer is for continual sunshine so I can say, "Take it outside."

12 comments:

  1. It sounds hectic but fun. I hope you enjoy your time with your grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aawww, i wish the godchildren could be there too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun and enjoy them while they are there. They grow up tooooo fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandkids all around. What could be better??
    I'm sure you are loving it, and they are too.
    I wish you a very Happy Easter weekend!!
    My mom is coming in tomorrow morning for a weekend visit. I will post Blog Church tonight since while she is here, I don't plan to blog.
    Please let your grandkids have Dr. Pepper with their breakfast. Grandmas are supposed to let grandkids get away with murder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! We are going to my daughter's home this weekend, and all 9 of mine will be there. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have a housefull !! Isn't it wonderful !! I love it ! Wishing you a Happy Easter filled with blessings and peace. Cheers my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite phrases is "Take it outside!" Thank You Jesus for springtime! Have a great time with the kiddos and Happy Easter to ya!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If we didn't have a ton of snow here...I would tell them to 'take it outside too'. Aren't grandkids the greatest!
    I love your blog...I have you on my side-bar. Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a whole bunch of fun!! I hope you have a wonderful Easter with all your family!! Hopefully the weather will cooperate and you can take it outside..at least part of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I followed Matty over here. Nice blog! I would tell you to enjoy the grands while they are little. Mine were all over us like white on rice and then they became teens. Now, at almost seventeen to twenty-six, they are too busy for us and we don't have that much life left. But, I am happy that they are now little any longer, my energy level has flown the coop with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes HEctic but fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com