Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Saturday, January 19, 2008

PERFECT REUBEN SANDWICH

Dressing
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 can well drained sour kraut
2 tsp. caraway seeds
Mix ingredients together and refrigerate for 24 hours.

Sandwich
Marble Rye
Turkey Pastrami (or ham or corn beef)
Provolone or Swiss cheese
Butter

Put your sandwich with buttered sides to the outside together with the meat, cheese and dressing. Place on griddle until bread is toasted and cheese is melty. You have a delicious, creamy Reuben sandwich to die for.

My Sil gave me this recipe years ago and it is tops!

3 comments:

  1. I don't use mayonnaise, but I make them the same way! They are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Reubens, but I AHBOR mayo.
    Mayo is a sin.
    Mayo is of the devil.
    Mayo should be banned from the world, except it should be force fed to criminals.
    If I detect the taste of mayo, I upchuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's with all this Mayo hostility? I am surprised as will be Kraft and Hellman's when I report you both. Hey J.D., I sometimes dip potato chips in Mayonaise! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha....(wicked evil laughter resounds).

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com