Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Friday, January 25, 2008

GIVE ME SOME CREDIT

If there was ever a time minorities should be offended, it is now. My ability to determine my Presidential candidate has been allocated to me by those persons saying, "All women will vote for Hillary and all blacks will vote for Obama." (I'm not sure which category black women are put in.)

Excuse me, when did women and blacks lose the ability to make judgements based on the content of one's character? Why are we continuing to hear the terms of race and gender being thrown at us daily? The day those become non-issues will be the day we are all recognized for our individual abilities and intelligence.

If I ever select my 2008 Presidential candidate the decision will be based solely on the one I determine will best lead our country on the issues that matter most to me. I do not see vaginas or skin color on my check list of relevance.


5 comments:

  1. AMEN! I so agree with you! I don't happen to be a Hillary fan at all, so they cannot count me in that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on girl! I think we hear it so much because the media makes such a big deal about it. I hate the "drive by" media. Besides, I wouldn't vote for Hillary if my life depended on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unlike the first two commenters I'm not ruling Hillary out yet, but I'm so sick of being put on categories.
    I'm trying not to get sucked in to the drama yet, but it is awful hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't factor in vaginas or skin color either...
    or weiners or eye color for that matter.

    :-)

    I will vote for the best overall leader. There's no perfect candidate out there. They all have something that I don't care for, so I'm checking them out and choosing whom I feel is the best.
    I'm a Republican, so I plan to vote that way since I am not impressed by Hillary or Obama. I like Obama's personality, but he does not have enough experience as far as I'm concerned to be the president of our nation. I look for a variety of experience and evidence of strong, decisive leadership skills. Currently, I'm leaning towards Giuliani & Romney because they bring with them more executive experierence in their little toes than Hillary & Obama combined. Hillary's experience as First Lady does not qualify her to be president, and her AR and current senate work experience does not compare to that of Giuliani's & Romney's work histories.
    I most likely won't blog about whom I chose to support at my blog, but I don't mind sharing my opinions here with you or at other blogs in their comment sections when they post about politics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said.
    I vote straight up issues. I don't care what color, race, religion, gender, or whatever my candidate is. They better be willing to not trample my Freedoms and not raise my taxes.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com