Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Friday, December 07, 2007

LIKE JUMPNG ROPE

Getting into the Christmas Spirit is like jumping rope this year. I start to decorate then I get pulled another direction. I got some of the decorations out of the attic but that was as far as it went. I read all the blogs and see the decorating being done. Momentarily I am inspired and as momentarily I am uninspired. Trying to jump into Christmas is difficult this year. If I could tie bells and ribbons on my chickens, they would run around and be my decorations.

7 comments:

  1. Take heart...you aren't alone:) Our tradition is that my kids and grandkids come and decorate the tree and outside and I cook dinner. One whole row of the tree light won't work and now one section of the outside lights have quit working....guess they are old like me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having trouble both with the spirit and the body this year..
    I love the picture of your Grandson:) Good for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I scared myself this morning when I realized Christmas is only about three weeks away. I am not in the Christmas spirit at all this year.
    Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! That, I'd like to see. I do think you'd get very tired of the bells.

    ReplyDelete
  5. U just discribed exactly who I feel this year. Maybe because we are just finishing up the bathroom renovations, or xmas just snuck up on me..whoknows, I just don't feel like it!..the idea of doing the tree is exhausting to me lol. I do plan to stick a bow on the bathroom door downstairs though...its our xmas present to ourselves...after doing that we cant afford any other presents to eachother and thats OK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya!! I have had my tree sitting in the living room for a week now, naked as a jay bird. I HATE putting the lights on the tree, I love it when it is done, just hate to do it!

    Bah Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I jumped the gun this year. My son and I got out the holiday decor boxes and decorated the house and the trees TWO days BEFORE Thanksgiving!!!
    I LOVE this time of year!!
    It goes by WAY too quickly for me.
    Holiday chickens would be great!!!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com