Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

MOTHER'S GLASSES


This was my mother's first pair of glasses. She said she thought she was nine or ten when she got them. Yesterday would have been mother's 92nd birthday. Just think, these glasses are eighty years old. I'm trying to imagine a pair of my glasses in 80 years or a pair of my grandchildren's glasses in 80 years. My mother took care of everything she owned just like the loving care she gave her family.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I have a pair of my mom's glasses and they look very much like this. I even have mine as part of my decor in my bedroom. I love having the old things around...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's nice to have your own family history to pass on to your kids. nice moment of tribute to your wonderful mom.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love holding something and imagining the person who owned it before me. Sometimes I even buy old photographs of people I don't even know because they have an interesting face or because they look like they have a story to tell. Besides, I figure the person is SOMEONE'S aunt or uncle . . . might as well be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look just like my Grandma Nora's glasses that I keep on my mantel. I never knew Nora, she died when my dad was 14, I just love having them and imagining what she saw through them.
    Isn't it interesting that both sets of glasses still have the case? I don't think I've managed to hold on to a case for my sunglasses for more than ten minutes.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com