Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Friday, November 16, 2007

IT'S OVER

Yesterday I watched the final DVD of the Sopranos on Netflix. I had never seen the show and watched it all through Netflix. Now I am in mourning.

Of course, Tony, Carmella, Meadow and A.J. were killed in the restaurant. The whole place blew up. Dr. Melfie drove by just at the blast occurred and she was collateral damage. (Don't worry if you haven't seen this -- I created this ending.)

What am I going to do now that The Sopranos is over? Well, there was life after NYPD Blue and there is life on hold since the last episode of 24 so I guess I’ll find a replacement for The Sopranos. But, meanwhile, let’s talk about writers.


The Sopranos should be required viewing for everyone. Talk about life scenarios done up in extreme drama! We are all bad guys somewhere in our hearts and minds and we have to keep those bad guys at bay. Writers seem to know that viewers can relate to even the shadiest of characters.

Writers, it’s all about the writers! Why shouldn't they have the recognition they deserve for creating great TV shows and movies? No wonder they are on strike.


My favorite quote was from a made-for-TV-movie staring Sally Struthers. I don’t remember the name of the movie but I’ll always remember the quote: “Worry is a prayer for something you don’t want.” Who wrote that? Writers should have the recognition they deserve.

1 comment:

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com