Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, September 02, 2007

PINS AND NEEDLES

My sister Elenore has company this weekend. She and Dave have been given the honor of entertaining their grandchildren, three-year-old Nora (the inquisitor) and one-year-old Grant (the climber), while the parents go elsewhere.

My sister and I are psychic mates. (Our spouses say psycho mates) I feel her pain and vice versa. Needless to say, this morning I am pooped after an exhausting Friday, Saturday and two very restless nights bonded to Elenore. I will be on pins and needles until the call comes that the children are gone and my sister has flopped on her couch with a Netflix movie and her thumb weakly on the remote play button. Actually a call won’t come because she’ll be too tired to dial. I’ll just sense the relief!

Grandkids,.......... great to have them visit, great to have them go home!

4 comments:

  1. lol Ain't that the truth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had the joy of being a grandparent yet.
    My kids are ages 17 & 19, and neither one is at all interested in getting married or having kids any time soon. That's okay with me. I want them to get married first, then have kids when they are ready.

    It's neat that you feel your sister's pain... and joys.
    I'm sure she has been worked to a frazzle by those little ones. Ages 1 & 3 are a LOT to keep up with.
    There's not very much down time!! Go, go, go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect moment: Seeing the taillights as the grandchildren leave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see that the name Nora is getting passed on to the next generation.
    All Nora's seem to be other 87 or 3 years-old. Not much in between.
    I've always adored my name and cannot imagine being named anything else.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com