Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

AND THE WINNER IS……

Yesterday I say my cardiologist and Ron saw our PCP (primary care physician). My cardiologist was literally crushed to learn that I had gained 24 pounds after having lost 48. He took it very personally and I thought his disappointment was going to make him cry.

Ron’s doctor appointment went a little better but the PCP still focused on weight and urged him to exercise and eat healthy.

This was the first time I realized our medical victories are claimed by the doctors. If we succeed through hard work and following instructions, the doctor gets to claim the prize.

With my competitive nature, I have found a way to win this round. I guess you could say that I was the winner yesterday……………. for most weight gained. WhooHoo! :-)


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:17 PM

    That's pretty funny. You do the sweat, he gets bragging rights. Gotta love that. Kind of like a certain CEO at a certain company I worked for long ago who ran the company into the ground and took out all the money without doing anything productive. Well, not that bad, but that's almost as silly.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com