Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

WHAT ABOUT US?

My mother, my sister, my sister-in-law, my daughter all work/ed primarily inside the home. I work/ed inside and outside the home. I was a single parent, head-of-household. None of us had/have time to protest anything. We are too busy keeping home and hearth together.

Movies today all have undercurrents of fights for the downtrodden. The downtrodden homosexuals, the downtrodden non-democracies, all the downtrodden ethnic groups. When will there ever be a day for the downtrodden, tired, exhausted mothers and grandmothers who simply get by from day-to-day with no time for protest marches, parades and rallys?

Would you ever watch a movie about someone championing the rights of a tired mother? I absolutely cannot burn my bra because it is too necessary to hold up my sagging _ _ _ _ _!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I would burn my bras if I could find one of them buried under crayons, my husband's work boots and that unidentified stain on the carpet:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have the energy to burn my bra. Maybe I'll save my fight for when the kids are gone.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com