Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Saturday, June 09, 2007

HOW SAD CAN IT GET?

The King is dead. King Moe died this morning. Who could have guessed from the great photos of Moe that he was near death!!! He barely made it onto the roost last night. He did not get up with the others this morning. I could not find any injuries on him other than the neck wound Boss Hog has inflicted earlier in the week. The Silkie Rooster Mouzon passed away earlier from his Boss Hog injuries, thus we now have nary one rooster and Boss Hog, the murderer, is living in a lap of luxury in a Kansas barn.

I do have Beulah Dean back on a nest with new eggs. Even when we removed the old nest, she continued to try sitting on every egg she could find. I will monitor her very closely. I can't imagine after sitting for 30 days, how she will set for another 21. We shall see. Also, I'm not sure these eggs will be fertilized if it was all up to Moe. If all goes according to plan, these eggs should hatch on June 29th.

Who knew that my life as a chicken farmer would only become more and more traumatic at every turn.

1 comment:

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com