Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

AND THE THUNDER ROLLS

It is nice to live at the top of a hill. We are still having lots and lots of rain. Most of the area below us in flooded. As of yesterday we could still get to town, but today will be questionable. It is not raining at this moment, but the rolling thunder is making a promise of more to come. The nearby State park is under water.

Rain days, snow days, happy days for the retired people living at the top of a hill. It makes me happy to know that I don't have to slop around outside getting the vehicle ready while trying to keep my clothes clean and my panty hose dry so I can fight the elements and get to work. (Just for the record, I do not even own one pair of panty hose today.)

I will have to slop around later to get the chickens, cats and dog taken care of -- but, it won't matter. We live at NOL-NOC Estates (No One's Looking - No One Cares). It was my life blood as a single, working mom, but there is nothing about the corporate world that I miss today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com