Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

CHICK AND GUINEA OUTING

Today was the first day the new chicks and the guineas have ventured out of the hen house. It was quite a comedy show to watch the chicks try to find the door to go back inside. They all managed to return at dust except for one. I had to catch her and put her back in.

The guineas were another story. They move as a group. Where one goes, the others go like a dark, bumpy cloud. They got out and found their cage. I had taken it out of the pen this morning. When all the other chickens went in the hen house at dusk, the guineas roosted on their cage outside the hen house.

I moved the cage back inside. I managed to catch one guinea and put her inside. The others followed and jumped on top of their cage happy as could be. I was happy to be able to close all my flock away from the elements and predators for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com