Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, January 28, 2007

SIBLINGS OUTSIDE THE TOUCH OF TIME

"To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time." ~Clara Ortega

Every time I read this quote I picture another special memory of my brother and sister. I don't think I ever picture them as they are now. I always picture them as we were -- my brother taking his homemade pizza out of the oven to serve his multitude of friends, my sister falling out the backdoor with a staged knife tucked under her arm and ketchup all around it and me screaming for our parents. I know they have to remember me as always screaming for our parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com