Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Monday, January 22, 2007

LOOK AT THE ELEPHANT

Saturday I was reading and was reminded of this story. Five blind men are looking at an elephant with their hands. One grasps the ear and describes a leather fan, another feels a rope, another a snake, the man who feels the legs describes a tree, and the one feeling the large round body describes a floating barrel.

We are always receiving political emails. They usually dwell on a single negative or sometimes a single positive aspect of a candidate. We also read news reports and even blogs that feature some select element of a particular person or event.

It is like seeing bits and pieces of the elephant. It dawned on me that I need to be very careful to put the pieces together before deciding the big picture.

1 comment:

  1. I get what I call hate-mongering political email all too often, and I think of what you just said.

    It is too bad that not everyone stops to put all the pieces together before rushing to judgment.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com