Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Saturday, October 14, 2006

POULTRY SWAP MEET

This morning we attended a Poultry Swap Meet near Grove. We were looking for a couple of Silkies. We came home with one Silky Rooster and two silky hens, plus seven Silky mixes. As I was asking about the nurturing aspect of Silkies the man pointed out a beauty that he said was a Silky mix and a very good, caring, nurturing hen. About that time Elenore called to see what we were doing. Thus, it was fate to name this sweet hen Elenore. One of the white Silky mixes has pink comb, so her name is Pinkie. Since I was inspired to get Silkies because of one of the illustrations in my preacher's sermon recently, I think I'll name the Silky Rooster Mouzon. That only leaves seven others to name.........hum???

No comments:

Post a Comment

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com