Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, May 07, 2006

JOURNALING

May 6, 2006

Today is Pat’s 60th birthday. She is on my heart and mind and I celebrate the precious children who are such a wonderful legacy for Pat.

Elenore visited yesterday and my work will not come to an abrupt halt. She brought me Harlan Coben’s new book, PROMISE ME and it is a Myron Bolitar story. She is a generous girl to loan me the book to read first before she sees it.

We’re off to Stark today for another load. We were going to take the pickup truck and trailer backwith us but truck has fuel line problem that will have to be fixed before we can take it again. The van is loaded with old carpet left over from the rennovation.

May 4, 2006

It is raining. It has been raining everyday since we started moving. I know it is good luck to have rain on your wedding day but don’t know what it means on moving days. I’m going to go with good luck there too.

My Christmas Angel from Chelle is the only knickknack that I have out. It is in my kitchen above the cabinets and encourages me to keep cleaning,

This morning Ron has gone to town to have the van serviced. I am alone to waltz through our huge home and rejoice.
My primary goal was to have a dining room table with six chairs and two bathrooms. We have the two bathrooms and will add a third. We had the table with two insert leaves to expand. We purchased six beautiful chairs that are now placed around my favorite sturdy table.

Carpet has almost all been replaced. The cat odor is practically gone except for the den and master bedroom and it wasn’t as bad there to begin with.

The seller did not return the wagon wheels as promised. It is really okay because after seeing the porch without them I liked it better. However, it is the principal of the thing. Supposedly the daughter will return today for her cats. We’ll see..

Outing to Family Dollar
We have just returned from the new Family Dollar store. This was the Grand Opening and Ron was given a free bag of chips. I received free tampon samples and Pantene samples. I can use the Pantene but haven’t needed tampons for almost eight years. I tried to trade with Ron for the chips, but he wouldn’t go for it.
We ran into J.R. at the store. He was very uncordial. This was our seller’s dad and he is obviously angry with us. Hum??? I think he thinks he’s duplicate of Dallas J.R.

Programming Universal Remote
Our biggest project today was trying to program the new Universal remote. Impossible even with two great minds working on it, cursing it, leaving it in the dust.
I figured it out. Since this TV is a TV/VCR combined, I had to program the remote as a VCR and not as a TV. Duh!
Cherry Tree

There is a cherry tree in our front yard and it is loaded with cherries. What is my favorite fruit of all and far too expensive? Yep, cherries!!!! Hip, hip hooray!

No Internet
I cannot access the internet. I don’t believe it is the fault of my new internet provider. I believe the fault lies in my very, very, very old laptop computer. We’re going to need to wait until we get my Dell here.

Farmall Cub is here
Ron is out mowing with his Cub. He is a happy camper when the Cub runs smoothly and he can mow and mow and mow. That is Ron’s happy place – one of them anyway.

And
We have two, TWO, 2 pecan trees.

Dishes and Deer
I wash the evening dinner dishes and watch deer come to the back edge of our 9 acres. They seem to know they are safe here. The multitude of cats, however, are in grave danger and better figure that out soon

1 comment:

  1. they left behind kitties!

    sounds like you are verrrrrrrry busy! just keep moving and cleaning!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com